A bolt tension cylinder fitted with an internally threaded brace is attach to a bolt. By applying hydraulic pressure with the aid of a pump the bolt is pulled in an axial direction. The nut can then be simply tightened by through the opening in the skirt. When hydraulic pressure is released the correct bolt tension is achieved.Quiri offers a complete range of hydraulic tensioner from size M12 to M130. Bolt tension cylinders are single acting, load return. We can developp special design, on request, (double acting, with brace or not).
Selection of a tension cylinderWhen selecting a bolt tension cylinder you should keep to the following rules :
- The brace thread must be same as the bolt thread.
- Before assembly check that the nut is fully screwed down.
- Check that there is sufficient room around the bolt to accommodate the QUIRI bolt tension cylinder. If there is insufficient space for the standard unit please check with our technical department for a solution.
- Check that the bolt thread is long enough to allow the correct engagement of the brace insert. (Length of thread above the nut should be at least equivalent to the diameter of the bolt, ie. M24 bolt thread length 24 mm).
Use of your equipment :
- Put the skirt and cylinder on the bolt to tension.
- Screw the brace on the bolt.
- Connect the pump to the cylinder.
- Close the release valve of the pump.
- Pump up to the necessary pressure.
- Turn the nut with a bar.
- Release the pressure.